I searched for a new phone this week not because I wanted to, circumstances required it. I dropped it, it shattered, and that’s the end of the iPhone 3 era for me. As I synced my new iPhone with iTunes, I took a few moments to review my list of subscribed podcasts. I listen to a variety of people on a regular basis. We all have sources of information – we read, listen, and subscribe to various outlets. It’s interesting to learn the listening habits of others. To what podcasts do you subscribe? Here’s a sampling of my current subscriptions:
- Catalyst (Leadership resource) – It’s a great resource on Christian thought and ministry leadership ideas for those on the front lines.
- HBR IdeaCast (Leadership/ Business Resource) – Good resource for business leadership with good application.
- Hillsong Church (Brian Houston) – I really like his stories, simple approach, and enthusiastic presentation.
- Idlewilde Baptist Church (Ken Whitten) – I really appreciate Ken, his ministry, and have a great deal of respect for him.
- Insight for Living (Chuck Swindoll) – I have listened to Swindoll for years and appreciate his integrity, simplicity, and accuracy.
- The Market Place of Ideas – An eclectic collection of cultural interviews with a bent for creativity.
- Reflections (Ken Boa) – I appreciate Ken Boa’s textual approach as well as his approach to spiritual formation.
- Memorial Baptist Church (Me) – Yes, I listen to myself for self-critique.
- The Sherwood Podcast (Michael Catt) – I appreciate Michael, his integrity, and his passion for creativity in ministry.
What podcasts have you found helpful? What Christian, business, or cultural sources do you regularly listen to for information and inspiration?